With so much conversation focused on the downfalls and shortcomings of targeting “ZERO”, Sentis has explored evidence-based, pragmatic and proven strategies to improve safety performance through increasing employee engagement.
Rather than focusing on the absence of workplace injuries and illness, many organisations working with Sentis are striving towards the goal of Safety Citizenship. Safety Citizenship focuses on developing team and organisational environments that foster genuine workplace engagement and commitment to safety.
What does an organisation operating at citizenship look like?
- Safety is a core part of everyone’s job and a shared responsibility, leaders and employees striving to improve and learn from collective mistakes.
- Employees are engaged in critical citizenship behaviours such as taking on additional safety duties, routinely raising up safety-related improvement ideas, and consistently looking out for the wellbeing of co-workers.
- Leaders are operating at a citizenship level demonstrating effective transactional and transformational leadership behaviours that drive effective safety performance.
This one-hour complimentary webinar for leaders explores:
- The movement to shift safety beyond compliance and the lessons we should be taking from the discussion
- The societal and technological drivers for the change in Safety Management thinking and how we can be better prepared for the changing nature of work
- The difference between “old” and “new” ways of thinking and where Safety Citizens® sits on the Safety Maturity continuum
Access the recording:
Contact us to learn more about building a culture of Safety Citizenship in your business.