Providing raw materials that are critical to economies around the world while ensuring a safe, productive operation is a delicate balance. In an environment where rising costs, social and geopolitical risks, infrastructure shortages and resource nationalism are common, mining organisations face unique challenges.
Research has found that 86% of worksites operate in a negative safety culture. But have you ever wondered how the mining sector measures up? Specifically, what is the industry doing well and where are opportunities to improve?
In this webinar we explored:
- Key findings from our latest industry report representing all frontline and leadership levels from the coal, metal ore and non-metallic minerals sub-sectors
- How the mining industry stacks up against cross-industry benchmarks for safety culture performance
- Considerations to improve contractor integration and relationships between the frontline and management
- Real life feedback from workers that illustrate day to day challenges
- How to take steps to foster a better, safer organisation
Anthony Gibbs: CEO – Sentis
Dr Amy: Head of Psychology – Sentis
Anthony Deakin: Director and Principal Consultant – Glasshouse Consulting
Leigh Slomp: Chief Advisor, Professional Standards – AusIMM
Download a full copy of The State of Safety Culture in Mining Industry Report.