Sentis’ latest industry report into The State of Safety Culture in Mining uncovers the key opportunity and risk areas for mining businesses seeking to unlock the next stage of their safety journey.
How does the mining sector stack up?
In this special edition industry report, we take a closer look into what’s working well and the biggest opportunity areas for the sector and how this compares to the broader cross-industry benchmark for safety culture performance.
Featuring data from more than 21,539 mining workers across coal, metal ore and non-metallic minerals, the report explores:
- how mining performs against the benchmark in five key areas of safety culture: environment, practices, person, leadership and wellness
- how demographics influence workers’ likelihood to both report safety incidents and errors and prioritise production/output over safety
- incident investigation processes and their effect on safety and cultural outcomes
- perceptions of organisational investment in worker wellbeing
- contractor relations at frontline, supervisor and management levels
- the role of senior management in leading a strong, safe workplace culture
- and more…
To explore more, check out our related webinar.