Sentis’ latest industry report into The State of Safety Culture in Utilities uncovers the key opportunity and risk areas for utilities businesses seeking to unlock the next stage of their safety culture journey.
How does safety in the utilities sector stack up?
In this special edition industry report, we take a closer look into what’s working well and the biggest opportunity areas for safety in the utilities sector and how this compares to the broader cross-industry benchmark for safety culture performance.
Featuring data from more than 6,889 utilities workers across electricity and gas, infrastructure and maintenance, network and supply, renewable energy, waste management, and water and sewerage, the report explores:
- how utilities performs against the benchmark in four key areas of safety culture: environment, practices, person and leadership
- how demographics influence workers’ likelihood to both report safety incidents and errors and prioritise production/output over safety
- incident investigation processes and their effect on safety and cultural outcomes
- perceptions of organisational investment in worker wellbeing
- contractor relations at frontline, supervisor and management levels
- the role of senior management in leading a strong, safe workplace culture
- and more…