There is an untapped wealth of insights waiting to be discovered in the incident reporting systems of most organisations.
Recently, a major utilities company partnered with Sentis to strengthen their approach to the management of high-risk activities through an in-depth review of all incidents, with a particular focus on those that had serious injury or fatality potential (SIFp).
The aim of this review was to improve understanding of incidents and the effectiveness of critical controls in high-risk work, and therefore reduce repeat incidents.
In this webinar, Dr Amy Hawkes, Head of Psychology at Sentis, and Warren Smith, Founder of Incident Analytics, explored:
- Insights and recommendations from a recent project with a major utilities company reviewing more than 650+ incidents
- The categorisation and mis-categorisation of incidents and how organisations can improve their classification process
- Causal factors including unintended operator errors, human error including autopilot and design/maintenance issues
- The system improvements and field exposure strategies to address recurring incidents
- How the utilities organisation at the center of this review has already begun making changes