Research has found that 86% of worksites operate in a negative safety culture. In sites like these, safety is seen as a burden, a waste of time or something that gets in the way of getting the job done. There's a clear case for change. But where should organisations start?
Drawing insights from more than 21,711 workers across industry, we've summarised the key recommendations from our Driving a Positive Safety Culture study into one handy checklist for leaders. Featuring 60 individual recommendations, the Driving a Positive Safety Culture - Leader Checklist includes practical steps to improve:
- Quality of safety procedures
- Management safety commitment
- Internal context (including change management)
- Willingness to report incidents and errors
- Employee safety performance
- Safety mission and vision
- Within-team safety communication
- Safety responsibility
- Team support for Safety
Download your free checklist and take your first steps towards a more positive safety culture.